The TESA Board and STEM Committee is pleased to announce that members may now use STEM and Extended Breakout sessions taken at Summer Work Conference to complete their CEOP requirements and participate in the CEOP Graduation Celebration on Friday, June 24, 2016.
To take advantage of this opportunity members must:
- Complete new CEOP Application form located on the TESA website under the STEM Program tab and return to the TESA Office by May 20, 2016.
- All courses indicated on the CEOP Application form must be completed by Thursday, June 23, 2016 to participate in the CEOP Graduation Celebration Ceremony on Friday, June 24, 2016.
- Complete CEOP Graduation Celebration form on the home page of the website and return to TESA Office by May 16, 2016.
- The CEOP Graduation Celebration Ceremony is open to any CEOP recipient who wishes to participate.
- The University of Houston-Clear Lake is offering Basic Communication on May 17, 2016 and Interpersonal Communication on May 24, 2016. Contact Marisela Maldonado, U of H-Clear Lake at 281.283.3309 or Maldonado@uhcl.edu.
Welcome to the Texas Educational Support Staff Association (TESA) website. Spring is my favorite time of the year. Colors of every shade are appearing and the birds and butterflies seem very happy to be flying around in the warmer air. Springtime always makes me want to refresh myself, my house gets a good spring cleaning and I love to open up the windows and listen to the birds sing and smell the incredible scents of spring. I also start recalling all the music I’ve listened to over the years about spring. See if you remember any of these? Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White, Flowers Mean Forgiveness, Lemon Tree; Don’t Let the Rain Come Down, The Birds and the Bees, Garden Party, Dandelion and Daisy Petal Pickin’. Music always brings a smile to my face and puts joy in my heart.
Our SWC and STEM committees have been working so hard with President Elect Lisa Gonzalez and I to make sure your experience at the summer conference in June will be incredible. We want you to have fun, while learning some new things in education as well.
SWC Registration is available online. We hope you will sign up for STEM classes, breakout sessions, Harmony at the Hop President’s Luncheon, Grand Slam Banquet and Name that Tune Brunch. We will all have a wonderful time and hope you join us in a great time together. We want you to have a fantastic experience this summer at these events and to leave the conference refreshed, excited and eager to share the things you have learned with your co-workers.
It is my pleasure to serve you this year. Lisa and I along with the executive board have had to make some tough financial decisions for TESA, but we know it will help TESA to remain strong for our current members, new members and leadership to come. What a wonderful association we have and I appreciate Melissa in our office for the hard work she does and for all of you helping in different areas to keep TESA strong.
May your heart and life be renewed this spring and may you share love with everyone you meet during this season.
Your grateful leader,
Join us at
Omni Austin Southpark
for the 2016 TESA Summer Work Conference
June 21 - 25, 2016