Texas is the greatest state in the United States. Our Texas Educational Support Staff Association, Inc., (TESA) is the only educational paraprofessional organization in this great state. You often hear it said, “I may not be a Texan by birth, but I got here as soon as I could.” Being a part of your professional organization is important so if you are not a member now, you need to become one as soon as you can.
The TOP 10 reasons you should join or maintain your membership are:
TESA represents all educational support staff advocating the interest of educational support personnel in all areas of education.
10. Win door prizes, 50/50(money!), and receive early bird gifts at EXCITING workshops and events.
9. Network with people from all over Texas who share your same job duties.
8. Receive four issues of The TESA Connection; an award-winning magazine.
7. Receive the inside scoop on things paraprofessionals are doing all over the State of Texas
6. Learn new and creative ideas for your work or home from GREAT workshop sessions and presenters.
5. Receive extensive professional growth during Summer Work Conference, Area Workshops, and Staff Training for Effective Management (STEM) classes.
4. Apply for the Lorene Roby Rogers Memorial Scholarship for continuing education.
3. Apply for the Dr. Michael Zolkoski Technology Scholarship for TESA members who would like to enhance the paraprofessional’s knowledge of technology
2. Get up-to-date information on legislative proceedings regarding education