The Texas Educational Support Staff Association (TESA) was organized March 3, 1951, in Houston, Texas, with sixty-eight charter members. Since the organization meeting, TESA has been affiliated with the National Association of Educational Office Professionals and from 1952 until 1980 was affiliated with the Texas State Teacher’s Association of School Administrators.
Our mission is to provide educational support staff opportunities for professional growth, a network for sharing ideas, recognition of achievements and fellowship and represent all educational support staff advocating their interest in all areas of education.
TESA is the only professional association for educational support personnel in public schools, educational service centers, private schools, colleges and universities in Texas.
TESA represents all educational support staff advocating the interest of educational support personnel in all areas of education.
TESA represents all educational support staff opportunities for professional membership, professional development and the benefit of a professional association.
Flowers, Colors, Emblem, Pin, Mascot, Banner, Magazine:
- Official Flower – Texas Bluebonnet.
- Colors: Blue and gold (Blue for loyalty and Gold for education.)
- Official Emblem and Pin: In the form of a star representing the Lone State. At the bottom of the star are the letters TESA.
- Mascot: A booted and spurred cowgirl doll.
- Banner: Official emblem on a blue background, trimmed with gold.
- Magazine: The TESA Connection, published four times a year.